Rwanda Information Bulletin
Welcome to remarkable Rwanda.
For the Rwanda Information bulletin, click on the PDF document below
Official representatives holding Diplomatic and Service passports or Laissez-passer of the AU or UN traveling to Rwanda to attend the AFCAC 33rd Plenary 2021 will be issued with a visa on arrival.
All citizens from African Union member countries, Francophonie and Commonwealth countries will get a 30-day free visa upon arrival.
All citizens of the world are issued a visa upon arrival at all border posts without prior application.
For further information on the Rwandan new visa regime.
COVID-19 Travel Protocol
Rwanda has been at the forefront of combating and managing the spread of COVID-19. Rwanda reviews and promulgates travel guidance on a frequent basis.
1. All travelers arriving in Rwanda must have a negative COVID-19 certificate. The only accepted test is a SARS-CoV2 Real-Time Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) performed within 72 hours prior to departure (meaning travelers must be tested and get results within 3 days of their first flight). Other tests, such as Rapid Diagnostics Tests (RDTs), are not accepted. COVID-19 Test is not mandatory for accompanied children under 5 years.
2. All travelers arriving in Rwanda must complete the passenger locator form and upload the COVID-19 test certificate before heading to the airport. Please see the passenger locator form on www.rbc.gov.rw
3. Travelers will be tested for COVID-19 upon arrival at the airport and the payment of 60 USD (50USD for covid-19 test and 10USD for specific logistics to the airport) will be done as per the indications of the passenger locator form. For passengers who opt for a cash payment at arrival, the balance will be given in Local currency (FRW). The passenger who wouldn’t use the payment methods on the passenger locator form may be required to pay again at arrival and claim a refund for any previous payment made.
4. All arriving travelers are required to wait 24 hours for the results of their COVID19 test taken upon arrival in a designated transit hotel at own cost. All COVID-19 prevention measures announced by the Ministry of Health must be respected during the waiting period. Guests are welcome to stay at the recommended list of hotels (below) as they await the results.
5. As part of Rwanda's Response to the Covid-19 Omicron variant, which has been designated a Variant of Concern by World Health Organization, the following is mandatory upon entry into Rwanda effective 28th November 2021. All arriving passengers from (Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Zambia and Zimbabwe) or visited any of these countries within seven (7) days of arrival in Rwanda are required to quarantine for seven (7) days at their own cost at the designated hotels (Ubumwe Grande Hotel, Madras Hotel Apartments, Orient Park hotel, Parador Boutique Hotel, Holly Guest Inn Hotel, Best inn Motel, Igitego Apartment Hotel, Corina K. Guest house and Fame Guest House), and an additional test, covered by the Government of Rwanda, taken on day 7 from the arrival date at a designated hotel.
1. All travelers departing from Rwanda must test negative for COVID-19. The only accepted test is a SARS-CoV2 Real Time Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) performed within 72 hours before departure performed by the Rwanda Biomedical Center/National Reference Laboratory, Provincial or District Hospitals. Other tests, such as Rapid Diagnostics Tests (RDTs), are not accepted. COVID-19 test is not mandatory for accompanied children under 5 years.
2. Travelers are advised to check with airlines about the COVID-19 requirements of the final destination and/or transit countries.
3. PCR testing will be accessible at the venue (KCC), testing will be at own cost.
For more information see the below links:
For ease of reference, attached are the current COVID-19 travel guidelines.